Click to enlarge
Printable version Printable version with picture
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) butter*
- 1 baked pie shell
- Candied lemon rind as needed
- Mix gelatin and cold water and let stand. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk yolks, whole eggs, sugar and lemon juice together.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly. When bubbles break the surface, remove from heat and stir in margarine, 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) at a time. Heat gelatin in microwave about 10 sec. and add to mixture. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hrs.
Suggestion: If desired, top with lemon peel and dollops of whipped cream before serving.