Printable version Printable version with picture
- 5 to 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 clove garlic, squished / diced / pressed
- 1/2 bottle marinara sauce and 1/2 bottle alfredo sauce OR a bottle of rosé sauce.
- linguine, enough for however many people you're feeding
- salt, pepper, parmasean cheese
- This is good to do all in one pan, that way all the flavours mix together and you have fewer dishes.
- Brown the mushrooms a bit in the butter, just until they start to turn transluscent. take them out of the pan and set them aside for later. Cook the bacon, not crispy, just done. put it with the mushrooms. Start cooking your pasta.
- Cook the chicken pieces together with the garlic and some salt and pepper, in the bacon grease. Put the bacon and mushrooms back in with the chicken, and add your sauce. I added a bit more marinara sauce than alfredo, but you can frig with it until it's to your liking. once the pasta is cooked, drain it, do NOT rinse it (sauce sticks better to unrinsed pasta) and add it to the pot.
- Mix everything together and serve to your guests. use pasta bowl-plate things if you can, they're fun. Serve with parmasean cheese if you like. If you want to get really fancy, make some garlic bread, I really like the PC frozen u-bake stuff, it's delish. Don't make too much though, since the linguine is really filling.