Click to enlarge
Printable version Printable version with picture
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 large green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place green bell peppers in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove peppers from the water and set aside in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain. Return to heat and mix in onion, cooked rice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour in tomato sauce and mix thoroughly. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the meat mixture onto each half of the green peppers. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until mixture begins to turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of each stuffed pepper. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is lightly browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Ready In: 1 h 30 minutes