Click to enlarge
Printable version Printable version with picture
A.L. Van Houtte
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Van Houtte House Blend Medium ground coffee
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp each ground cloves, nutmeg and cardamom
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup fancy molasses
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup brewed Van Houtte House Blend Medium brewed coffee
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using non-stick cooking spray, lightly coat a 10-cup bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, measure flour, baking soda, salt, ground coffee and spices. Stir with fork until very well mixed.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar then add molasses, egg and brewed coffee until well blended. On low speed, alternately beat in flour and buttermilk in 3 additions, ending with flour until well blended. Scrape down sides as needed. Mixture may appear slightly curdled. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven, about 30 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Run a knife around the inside edges and turn cake out onto a cooling rack. Dust with a little icing sugar. Great with apple sauce