Click to enlarge
Printable version Printable version with picture
A.L. Van Houtte
- 4 lbs. fresh ham (with fat)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup Van Houtte House Blend dark, freshly brewed
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 small jar apricots in syrup
- 1 small jar cherries in syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- maraschino or cognac
- Preheat oven to 375º F.Wrap ham in aluminum foil.Roast for 2 hours.In the meantime, prepare glaze. First melt honey, then add coffee, cinnamon, ground cloves, then reduce for about 10 minutes.
- When the ham is cooked, take it out of the oven and remove the aluminum foil.
- With a sharp knife, score the layer of fat in large criss-cross pattern. Brush ham with glaze. Return to oven for 30 to 45 minutes glazing it frequently.Drain apricots and cherries; dip into liqueur.
- Thread cherries and apricots onto toothpicks and decorate ham.Add fresh cream to pan and thicken sauce. Add remaining fruit before serving. Serve hot or cold.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.