Printable version Printable version with picture
- 3 dozen shrimp - (26/30 size), peeled, deveined
- saltine crackers
- ritz crackers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly-ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- oil, for frying
- Grind in food processor equal amounts of saltine and Ritz crackers to make 2 cups of cracker meal. Add white pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- One at a time, moisten a shrimp in cold water, press into the cracker meal. Moisten again then press into cracker meal again. Place on a tray lined with wax paper and refrigerate one hour.
- Preheat oil to 350°F. If you don't have a thermometer, drop a piece of bread into the oil. If it sizzles and browns within a minute, the oil is ready.
- Drop a few shrimp at a time into the fat. Fry 30 to 45 seconds on one side then turn and fry another 30 seconds. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve with cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.
Yield: 3 entree or 6 appetizer servings