Click to enlarge
Printable version Printable version with picture
A.L. Van Houtte
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 ¼ c sugar
- 1 ¼ c mascarpone cheese
- 1 ¾ c whipping cream, whipped so that it forms peaks
- 1 ¾ c cold Van Houtte Espresso, brewed
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp grappa or brandy
- 48 ladyfingers
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar until creamy. Add mascarpone and mix at low speed for 2 minutes. Add the whipped cream and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix espresso, brandy and grappa. One at a time, dip 15 ladyfingers into espresso mixture and arrange on 10' x 15' tray to form a 7' x 13' rectangle. Cover with half of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat the layers with the lady fingers dipped in espresso, then the remaining mascapone mixture.
- Using a sifter, powder the chocolate uniformly on the tiramisu. Cut the remaining 18 ladyfingers in two and arrange them vertically around the cake, the cut sides on the bottom. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut in squares to serve.
Makes 12 servings.