Printable version Printable version with picture
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- cant teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup applesauce or canola oil
- 1/2 cup warm honey
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix in bowl. Make a nest and add: As you mix, this should form a still pie-crust type dough. As wheat flours differ in moisture content, you may need to add more or less flour. You can add up to 1/4 cup more flour if dough is too limp.
- Roll out evenly on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Dough should be 1/8" to 1/4" thick on a large tray. Score into small or large squares, or cut shapes with cookie cutters. If you make large squares, prick with fork to allow hot air to escape.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. You may need to take off the crackers around the edges at about 5-6 minutes, and then let the rest brown. These make great ice cream sandwiches or pie crust crumbs. Makes 1 large tray.