Printable version Printable version with picture
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar *
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 4 Italian tomatoes, sliced
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 4 x 4 oz. (120 g) slices of tuna
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) white pepper, coarsely ground
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200ºC. Blend 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) olive oil with 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) balsamic vinegar. On a baking sheet, lay slices of eggplant, onion, tomatoes and mushrooms. Brush vegetables on each side with oil-vinegar blend. Grill mushrooms and tomatoes 3 minutes, eggplant 10 minutes and onion 12 minutes.
- In a small pan, reduce the remaining balsamic vinegar by half. Add ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil; season and shake to blend. Reserve.
- Brush tuna with olive oil: pepper. In a frying pan, grill tuna in remaining oil; cook about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- To serve, put a portion of vegetables on each of four plates; add a slice of tuna. Drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar.