Printable version Printable version with picture
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Heintz ketchup
- 1 1/4 cups Light brown sugar -- pack
- 6 tablespoons Lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- In heavy saucepan bring mixture to boil. Stir constantly about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn heat to low and continue to stir (about 3 to 5 minutes) making sure sugar is completely dissolved. Allow to cook without stirring for 15 minutes on lowest possible heat, uncovered.
- Transfer to top of double boiler over simmering watr if to be used as a basting sauce for ribs or chicken during baking; or cool sauce and refrigerate covered to use in 30 days.
Serving Size : 3
Sauce freezes well.