Click to enlarge
Printable version Printable version with picture
Cabane à sucre Leclerc
- 1 ham, 7-8 lb,
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 3 pints of water or maple water
- 2 cups of dry raisins
- 1 cup of granulated maple sugar
- 1 tsp of dry mustard
- 2 tsp of clove or 10 cloves inserted in the ham
- 1/4 cup of apple juice
- Pour and mix in the rotisserie the water and maple syrup. Allow to simmer and cook for 3 to 4 hours, until the ham is tender. Remove the ham and the excess rind.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, cloves, and mustard with the apple juice. Return the ham in the rotisserie and pour the mixture of maple sugar and apple juice.
- Add a cup of cooking juice and dry raisins. Cook in the oven at 300 F for 30 to 40 minutes and baste from time to time. Serve hot or cold.