Printable version Printable version with picture
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- pinch ground black pepper
- pinch salt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 x 12 oz box fettuccine pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add the garlic, cream, pepper and salt, and bring mixture to a simmer. Turn the heat down if the mixture reaches a rapid boil or it could boil over. You just want a simmer. Add the cheese, and continue to simmer sauce for 8 minutes or until thick.
- While sauce cooks, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook pasta for about 12 minutes or until done, then drain it. Spoon pasta onto serving plates with Alfredo sauce poured over the top.
Makes 2 - 3 large servings.