Printable version Printable version with picture
Cabane à sucre Alcide Parent, Lanaudière
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
- 3 lbs of chicken, skinned and cut in pieces
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of finely minced onions
- 3 celery sticks, cut in large pieces
- 12 slim carrots, peeled
- 18 peeled onion pearls
- 1/2 cup of water
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- In a shallow pan, mix the flour, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken pieces in the pan mixture and pass again to ensure they are well coated. In a large pressure-cooker or large oven casserole, melt the butter then add the chicken pieces and heat until golden, repeating as often as needed.
- Add the vegetables, water, and maple syrup and cook in a preheated oven at 350F for 45 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
Serves 4 to 6 portions.
To more easily peel the onion pearls, it is preferable to whiten them beforehand. Simply immerse them in boiling water for 1 minute and then cool under cold water.