Printable version Printable version with picture
- 2 bag fresh spinach (1 lb. each)
- 1/8 lb butter (not margarine)
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 tbl minced onions
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pt heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- artichoke hearts coarsely diced
- Steam spinach - strain and squeeze through cheesecloth. Must be very dry. Chop finely and set aside. In heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic and onions and saute about 3-5 minutes. Add flour to make a roux. Stir and cook about 1 minute. Slowly add heavy cream, stirring with a whisk to prevent lumping. Mixture will thicken at the boiling point. When it thickens, add lemon juice, Tabasco, salt and Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Fold in dry, chopped spinach, coarse diced artichoke hearts and Jack cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately, or portion and microwave to order. Serve with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips for dipping.
If this recipe seems big. It is possible to divide to try. One would like to have your commentaries.